Quick & Easy Detox Ideas
We continuously eliminate toxins through our digestive, urinary, integumentary (skin), circulatory, respiratory, and lymphatic systems. Feeling sluggish might be in indication that some help is needed within these systems to cleanse the body of unwanted byproducts of foods, chemicals, and stress. Some quick and easy ways I have found to help the body along:
1. Enjoy a tablespoon of LEMON (freshly squeezed) In warm water every morning - NOT lemon essential oil unless diluted with honey and under medical direction.
2. Enjoy lots of filtered water (about 3 liters per day) - Your urine should be near clear.
3. Did you know that your body eliminates up to 1 pound of waste products every day through the skin? Therefore, sugar/salt scrubs help tremendously remove toxic build-up!
here is a recipe-
4. Diffuse Lemon Essential Oil throughout day (which helps fight bacteria as well as supply much needed oxygen to the blood and purify the air)
5. Dilute Rose Geranium oil and apply over liver and on major glands up to 2x per day. Rose G. enhances circulation, balances hormones especially in menopause, and fights yeast while protecting helpful bacteria. Detoxifies by toning the liver, pancreas and spleen. On top of this, it smells heavenly!
6. Finally, use a natural, safe deodorant - not an antiperspirant!
N. Jackson, C.A.
8 Meadow ln., Lancaster, PA
*avoid peppermint if you have HBP; always check with your doctor before starting any detox program!
Peppermint Oil Saves the Day!
Peppermint oil is among the more diverse of essential oils with regard to effectiveness on a vast variety of ailments and issues. For example, peppermint oil diluted to 10% as effective as 1,000 mg acetaminophen for headaches. Peppermint oil is effective in relieving abdominal pain; was found to have anti-viral, anti-fungal & antimicrobial properties. Peppermint oil relaxes smooth muscles and relieve indigestion too! So how do we use it? Well, first and foremost look for the proper Latin name: Mentha piperita from a trusted source - like Josiah's Oils. Next, use it safely! Peppermint oil can irritate skin, so be sure to use proper dilution which is about 2% for adults (or 2 -3 drops per teaspoon of carrier oil)/higher for migraines. Also, peppermint should not be used on the faces of very young children. Finally, avoid using peppermint if you have high blood pressure and always avoid eyes. Peppermint should be used with caution while pregnant and breastfeeding.
How to use it?
Sore Muscles: 3 drops per teaspoon of carrier oil/massage
Digestive issues: 2-3 drops per teaspoon carrier/massage over lower abdomen
Congestion/cough/curb hunger: Inhale/diffuse
Fever: add 2-3 drops per cup of warm water; soak a compress and apply to back of neck
Nausea: inhale & diffuse
Bad Breath/Sore Throat: gargle with 2-3 drops peppermint per ounce of water
Headache/Migraine: dilute up to 5-10% apply avoiding eyes
Toothache: apply 1/2 teaspoon carrier to cotton ball and add 2 drops essential oil; apply to tooth.
N. Jackson, C.A.