Botanical Name: Mentha piperita
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Herb
Antibacterial, reduces inflammation, reduces fever, helps headaches
helps relieve muscle pain, use for colds and allergies (congestion),
cleans breath, aids stomach discomfort.
How To Use:
Gargle with 1 drop per ounce water for fresh breath!
· Massage several drops of diluted peppermint essential oil on the abdomen, on wrists, or inhale to soothe the minor stomach discomfort.
· Rub diluted peppermint essential oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes), and on the back of the neck to relieve head pressure.
· Inhale or diffuse to help improve concentration and alertness.
· Apply diluted peppermint essential oil to the back of the neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up.
· Diffuse or inhale peppermint essential oil mid-morning to curb the desire to snack.
Diffuse for congestion. The efficacious oil also works helping to loosen mucus and revitalize and rejuvenate the respiratory system. Use Peppermint to support a regularly functioning digestive system, encouraging the expulsion of intestinal gasses and easing an upset stomach.
A Clinical study shows that peppermint oil relieves colonic spasm within 30 seconds (Leicester & Hunt 1982). A 2005 study showed "substantial" soothing effect in the gut with a single dose. (Grigoleit 2205). A 2012 study showed inhaled peppermint reduced nausea and vomiting and moreover decreased the need for conventional medication. (Lua & Zakaria 2012).
A 2005 study showed peppermint was 100% effective at relieving nausea while detoxing from addiction when inhaled before meals. (Chalifour 2005).
*it is recommended that peppermint oil should be avoided topically in children under 6. Diffuse after the age of 3.
GRAS (generally regarded as safe - when used as directed)
DIFFUSE - use a quality tested diffuser from Josiah's Oils. We have ultrasonic water and atomizing diffusers.
DILUTE - use Josiah's Golden Jojoba, pumpkin seed, coconut, or grape seed carrier oils.
(4 DROPS PER 1/2 TEASPOON OF CARRIER)
Caution: Peppermint Essential Oil is a hot oil. Always dilute hot oils with a carrier oil to prevent skin sensitization; use with caution on children and not optically on children 3 and under (always contact your pediatrician with concerns as well).
**Always patch test all oils before use; avoid eyes; information offered as educational ONLY not intended to treat or cure.
Use code: FREESHIPPING